Madison Christian Community Umbrella
Approved by MCC Leadership Team, September 22, 2011
The purpose of Madison Christian Community is to:
Live faithfully and lovingly with God, neighbors, and creation.
• Nurture deep spirituality and generosity
• Work in environmentally responsible ways
• Cultivate hospitality and meaningful connections
• Engage one another, neighbors, and the wider world in action
to improve people’s lives
• Inspire gratitude, creativity, and joy
• Deepen people’s connections to God and encourage practices
that feed their spirits and equip them for their life
• Strengthen and build relationships within M.C.C.,
and foster an open and welcoming environment
• Care for creation and help others to do so as well
• Focus on meaningful partnerships that work for justice
and enhance the quality of life for people around us
Lutheran Church is a
Reconciling In Christ Congregation
Article from the Oakwood Outlook About
Advent Lutheran Church!
here to download.
A Word About Our Partnership & Mission—
Community of Hope, UCC and Advent Lutheran
ELCA are in an ecumenical partnership and together we are the Madison
Christian Community. We own our church building together, have a common
budget, share in the education programs for all ages, fellowship events,
youth ministry and worship together throughout the year. Each congregation
also has a life of its own.
Community of Hope is an Open and Affirming
congregation and Advent is a Reconciled in Christ congregation. Our
community welcomes people of all ages, denominational backgrounds,
abilities, races, gender identities and sexual orientations.
May our community be a sanctuary for all
where diversity is welcomed as a gift from God!
What Are Others Saying About Us?
Four videos were created for our
Stewardship Campaign featuring
people who use our building talking about how the presence of the MCC makes
a difference to them. Click here to
view these videos.